Friday 4 October 2013

#Trends Monochrome

I am so into the monochrome trend, that I hardly ever wear any colour! It's a big trend on the Spring/ Summer 2014 runway, both internationally and locally. The street style seen at the past fashion weeks has included this trend more than once. 

Here are some of my favourite monochrome looks from the S/S '14 runway shows.


Here are my favourite street style monochrome looks. Something I am loving this season, is a large-striped blazer!




While "browsing" some online shopping sites, I found the most amazing monochrome waterfall biker jacket from River Island for £50. It's a piece that I would die to have hanging in my closet. So I decided to put together two outfits, one for the day and one for the night, using this jacket as the center piece for both looks.

My day time look


I kept the look minimal with black high-waisted skinny jeans and a simple grey tank. The patent brogues and raybans finish off the look, making it very sleek. Since this is a day time outfit, I added a red handbag for a dash of colour. And something you cannot forget for your monochrome outfit, is some red lipstick!

My night time look


I am totally loving the bra top this season, so why not make it more elegant and chic with a statement jacket? To avoid showing too much skin, pair your bra top with high waisted shorts. These leather ones are perfect for a night out. I kept the accessories simple with black pointed cut-out booties, a pink and black clutch and rose gold jewelry. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment